Friday, September 26, 2008

Morphea


My poor little Eli, yet again my little guy has something wrong with him. He has had a strange spot on his leg for over 2 weeks, it looks like an indentation about the size of an orange on his thigh. I took him to the doctor today and the doctor had never seen anything like it before so he called another doctor in to look at it. That doctor had only seen it once before in a teenager, it's a very rare (1 in 100,000) skin disorder called Morphea or localized scleroderma and the treatment is only available for adults. We have been referred to a dermatologist to see if there is anything we can do about it. We know it's not life threatening, but it can progress or move to other locations so I'm praying that we can do something about it soon. All that I have read about it is freaking me out so I'm trying not to read too much until we see the dermatologist and find out what we need to do.

If you would, please pray that Eli would be healed and that this would not progress to anything worse.

No comments: