Thursday, August 21, 2008

First day of Kindergarten


It's so hard to believe that 5 yrs have gone by and Clayton is starting Kindergarten. Today was his first day and he did great. We walked into the building and he showed Eli where his classroom was. The teacher had us stay for story time, she read the book "The Kissing Hand" which is about a little raccoon going to school for the first time. The mommy raccoon kisses the little raccoons hand and draws a heart on his hand and tells him that she will always be with him in his heart. After the story Mrs. Henderson gave us heart stickers to give to our children. Clayton wouldn't let me put it on his hand after I kissed his hand, but he wanted on his shirt however he made me kiss his shirt too. Here are some picture I took at the school.

Last night as I was saying good night to Clayton I asked him if he would please stop growing up so fast and he said, "I grow tall just a little bit more, alright Mommy." Then with his head slightly tilted and that smile of his that just melts your heart he gave me a big hug, a kiss and said "Good night mommy, I love you." I savored the moment as I said good night for the last time to my preschooler because today he is my big Kindergartner.

2 comments:

Tammy D said...

That is so sweet. I love the Kissing Hand. I can't wait to see you all Saturday and give those boys lots of hugs and kisses!

Onemargaret said...

Oh, how I remember those days! My kids first day was a hoot!